Tuesday, September 24, 2019

The Blacksmith Queen by G. A. Aikw

The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga #1) - G.A. Aiken

Let me start by saying that I love the authors writing. I have kept myself up to date with all her series and eagerly wait for new work by her to released. I am very happy that she has started a new series, though I must admit I would have rather had another installment to one of her already ongoing other series.

 

I very much enjoyed this. As with all her books the ladies of this are kick ass and take charge. They never rely on a man to come and save them.

 

In this the main character sets out to protect her sister, and unexpectedly gets a target painted on her own back. She learns she must fight for her future.

 

Laurenston/Aiken always adds A LOT of humor to her novels. This one made laugh a lot, out loud and embarrassingly, might I add.

 

I was a bit nervous when I discovered the male love interest was a centaur. My mind immediately went to thinking about how the hell were the sex scenes going to be? What am I about to read? I shouldn't have worried, the centaur can change to full human in appearance.

 

I will definitely continue this series.

 

Netgalley provided arc copy. I did not promise a favorable review and formed my opinion on this book of my own reading experience.

Original post: jessicafox.booklikes.com/post/1957389/the-blacksmith-queen-by-g-a-aikw

No comments:

Post a Comment