Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Open When...

Review:

Open When: Letters to Lift Your Spirits - Karen Salmansohn

I like this, and I do feel it inspires people the way it is supposed, but it feels too simplistic. I have a real problem with the recommended price of U.S. $14.99/Can. $19.99. No way is this worth that. It reminds me of something you could grab at a dollar store.

 

The idea is to open the envelope shaped pages to reveal an inspirational "letter." It contains only 12 of these. I seriously went through the entire thing in less than five minutes. The design would be an awesome chilren book. My son was very amused by this thjng, but the content isn't very child appropriate. It contains the word "idiot" and "pissed off."

 

I will say that this did inspire me to copy the design and use it as an art project in class today.

 

This is definitely a card shop book.

 

1 1/2 stars because I like the colors.

 

KAREN SALMANSOHN is the best-selling author of more than 25 books with more than 1 million copies sold. She has worked as an image consultant for MTV, Nickelodeon, Oxygen Media, and L'Oreal; has been featured on the Today show, The View, CNN, Fox News, and Real Time with Bill Maher; and has written for Psychology Today, Mind Body Green, Positively Positive, and Huffington Post. She has been covered by the New York Times, Businessweek, Chicago Tribune, L.A. Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, Time, Marie Claire, Fast Company, InStyle, Self, ELLE, and the New Yorker.

 

Amazon US $10.52, too much still

Original post: jessicafox.booklikes.com/post/1547429/open-when

No comments:

Post a Comment