Monday, July 18, 2016

Ivy's Tangle (book 1)- first freebie find

Review:

This is very well written. It is not too often you find a story with this much character development on this age group. I love the setting, a huge estate bordering a mystic, off limits forest. As the characters expired there setting it really came to life in my minds, this was my favorite thing about this book.

The story follows a fourteen year old boy as he moves in with his grandmother. This boy is used to being moved around, his parents never stay in one place for long, and to top it off he has been bounced back in forth between the two of them almost all his life. We also have a girl named Ivy who is not like ordinary girls her age in any way. She is smaller than most, the way she speaks is off and comes across as snobish, and she has no knowledge of modern day technology (never seen a movie, etc.). We get to read as a boy learns to handle a sword, a girl excells in gardening through very peculiar actions, and the mystery of the forest starts to reveal itself.

At th he end of this story I am still left without knowing too much of where this is going. Normally that would bug the check out of me, but not with this story. All this does is make me want to move forward til the next book. This is fantasy, and I expect to see much more fanatical elements take in the next book, but not here. The author just sort of teases the reader with little oddities here and there.

This book, at the time of this review, is free on Amazon. This is my first win in my hunt to find the good freebie books on Amazon. Book two will be added to my wish list and read after I have finished my freebie hunt.

Original post: jessicafox.booklikes.com/post/1436675/ivy-s-tangle-book-1-first-freebie-find

No comments:

Post a Comment