Friday, February 17, 2017

A new series by Kerrilyn Sparks

Review:

How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days - Kerrelyn Sparks

I loved Kerrilyn Sparks other series, Love at Stake. I was very sad to see it end, actually still sad. I saw this and was so hopeful, but sadly for me it is not as good. I do see that there is a possibility for awesomeness with the series though and hope the author nails the next installment.

 

This didn't have the slow building romance I expect from Sparks. Her characters usually spend a lot of time together before the big L comes into the story. Not in this one. There is a lot of looking at each other, a lot of thinking about each other, but not a lot of them actually together. 

 

There is a large amount of world building going on, this is the first book in a new series so it was expected. I do like this world and it's characters. I hope to see Pirate's book next. 

 

In this we have people who are "embraced." They have have gifts like being able to see ghosts (the main female character), able to harness lightening (our male), turn into an animal (another character, etc. They are feared by others and are often hidden at birth in order to protect them. 

 

Review copy revised through Netgalley. 

Original post: jessicafox.booklikes.com/post/1532585/a-new-series-by-kerrilyn-sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment